Thursday, August 22, 2013

Finally in Rome!

It's been quite the adventure getting to my hotel from the airport! My driver was no where to be found, so I waited for over an hour trying to figure out what to do. The airport's wifi did not work, and no one would let me borrow their phone to call the Rome Center. A man came up to me asking if i needed a cab, but he told me it would cost 80 euros. My driver was only supposed to charge 40.  Eventually I found a guy holding a "Marley Lake" sign, and I figured it was close enough. So he drove me to the hotel. Thus far, I have slept and eaten pizza with white wine. There's not a lot of internet here, so I will have to find creative places to blog! Thankfully my luggage is fine, and i got here safely and that's the important part!
First Italian Wine!

Fountain outside of my Hotel

My hotel lobby, which is the only place I have found internet!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are there safely and are finding your basic needs are being met - pizza and wine! I'm gonna love following your adventures! Love you!

    ReplyDelete