Sunday, September 15, 2013

Florence!!

Sorry I couldn't blog about Florence while I was there, our hostel did not have internet! Florence was amazing though! A group of four of us got there Friday at noon, and we met up with a German friend while we were there. The city is awesome! I have never seen so much leather in my life! While we were there we got to go to the David Statue by Michelangelo and see that museum, we went inside the Duomo, climbed to the top of a hill over looking the city, and did lots and lots of shopping and eating! The city was a lot smaller than Rome, and cleaner. Also, Florence did not have the little cobblestones like Rome does (so my feet didn't hurt from walking!). There were also tons of street markets lined with leather shops. Florence was truly beautiful, and I'm very lucky that I got the opportunity to go!

 Cappuccino :)

 This was inside the Duomo. It was made by Vasari and Zucchari and it is called "the Last Judgement". One side is painted with heaven, and the other is hell. It was incredible!


 Basilica Santa Croce! Unfortunately I didn't have time to go inside, but it looked amazing from the street!

 This is the front of the Duomo

 The view from the top of the hill over looking Florence. My burning legs from the hike were a small price to pay for the view!

 Panna Cotta. SO GOOD!!

 View from the Ponte Vecchio! 

 Statue at the top of the hill we climbed to find the view!

1 comment:

  1. Great photos! So glad you loved Florence, as I found it to be such a special place. How great it worked out for you to go, and you enjoyed it so. You've really gotten to take advantage of being over there, and I'm so pleased. :-)

    ReplyDelete