Saturday, September 7, 2013

Mediterranean Beach!!!

Hello friends!
Today my study group hit the beach in Gaeta! It was by far the nicest beach I have ever gone to! We got a discounted rate when entering (only 5 euros!) and got beach chairs and umbrellas. The sand was so nice and soft on your feet, and the water was incredible! The water was warmer than the hotel's swimming pool! Plus, you could wade out 160 yards until you got shoulder deep! It was really fun bobbing up and down in the waves and meeting new people. My roommate and I and two other girls met two men named Chilo and Andrea. They were from Naples and didn't speak a lot of english, so I got to practice talking!
To go out on the beach you had to purchase chairs and an umbrella. The beach was entirely filled with them! 

On the side of the beach were fun caves you can explore. I personally did not explore the caves, however a lot of people did and they said they were really cool. I'm glad I didn't go though, because everyone came back with cuts from the rocks.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you got to be on the beach! What a super place to be, and it looks as though your weather was perfect. Glad you got to use your Italian, too. Loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete