Friday, September 6, 2013

Gaeta, Day One!

Early this morning, the whole class got up to travel to Gaeta! Gaeta is a small town on the coast of Italy to the South East of Rome. The whole class traveled together via bus and train.
Our Italian teacher took us down this narrow street, which is where more of the shopping happens in the small town. A car would have a hard time navigating this street! One thing I really liked though is the fact that all the buildings are different colors. 

Sabrina told us we HAD to try Nutella Cornettos. Basically, they were right out of the oven croissants, freshly cut and filled with Nutella. 

This is a little alley way along the street where produce was being sold! My teacher got the whole group figs. I was not a fan, however I was brave and did indeed try it!

My italian teacher is a bit wacky. We like her a lot!

This is the pool at the hotel. My group spent most of the day here because we just wanted a day to relax, and it was also free. Apparently if you want to go to the beach, you have a pay an arm and a leg because the beaches are privately owned.

Row boat we spotted while walking around!

This is the view from the balcony of the hotel I'm staying at. I am definitely not complaining :)

Tomorrow a lot more exploring will happen with Gaeta, so keep checking for more updates!

3 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! There you are on the Mediterranean! Isn't that just something! Looks as though you're having a great, relaxing, tasty day. I love those colorful buildings! I can hardly wait to see all of your photos after you get home. Oh boy! Have a great time in Gaeta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing! I'm so glad you've made a blog to share your traveling adventures. I like the picture of the local market...very cool! I just made a blog too so I'm going to follow along.(this is your panda pal, Stephanie, btw!)
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must add that I find it hard to believe you'd like someone who is a little wacky. ;-)

    I couldn't resist.

    ReplyDelete